Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Writing Review Week 8

Quill



For me this has been sort of a class that I took because I was fortunate enough to take the what I would call the "Sister Class" Indian Epics in the fall. So coming into this class I knew exactly what to expect. Lots of writing. Really for the most part of the weekly assignments for this class I really only focus on the story telling, storybook, and famous last words.

I focus on the story telling because though I read all the assignments, I hate the dairy posts and the essay posts so for the most part I labor through them, but as for the storytelling I take it as an opportunity to poke a little fun at some of the plot holes I find in these stories. I enjoy trying to find a way to retell these stories so that I can still stay true to the subject matter, but have a little fun at their expense as well. I like the creative process of doing that.

The storybook is one of those things that just takes a life of its own when I am writing it. I never really know what I am going to write when I start out, and often times I will be behind in the assignment, almost to the point of the professor having to send me an email to get it done. I don't try to force it, I just take my time and let it happen. When it does happen and I sit down to write it, everything just comes out. I start writing and before I know it I have a complete storybook, or atleast that is how it has happened in the past. I find it hard to stick with the schedule on this part of the class and I really don't worry too much about getting it done because I know I will wake up or being lying in bed and it will hit me and I will just write it out.

I love the famous last words because it is a chance to share a part of myself with the world. The other writing assignments are cool, but they do seem a bit standoffish so the famous last words allow me the connect with my readers. It is my blog and my chance to say whatever I want to say.

The best part of my writing so far this semester is the practice. Though I do hate the diary and essay and blog responses they do serve a valuable purpose to me. The diary and essay forces me to look at what other authors have put down, and then it makes me think about the subject matter and begin to question what I would have done if I wrote it so then that translates to my own writing because then I am forced to think about what I write and how I want it to be perceived by readers. The blog commenting allows me to look at and appreciate the other points of view in the class and respond on things that I like, which also helps with my own creative flow because I am able to look at something other's have done and gain not only perspective but ideas.




Picture Attribution
This work has been released into the public domain by its author, BWCNY at theEnglish Wikipedia project. This applies worldwide.
In case this is not legally possible:
BWCNY grants anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

1 comment:

  1. I should really start doing the famous last words post because I know a lot of people who really enjoy writing it. I just seem to get so busy in other classes to have time for the extra credit or I just put it off. But I think that we have the common reason for our interest in storytelling. Some of the stories we are required to read have some missing pieces of information that I like to fill in my stories.

    ReplyDelete