Monday, March 9, 2015

Famous Last Words Week 8

Here's a little something for you to eat......


Ingredients for a Good Time


If you're like me you are a broke college kid living off of the cheapest form of food available. Well I am here to tell you that you can eat some of the best foods for cheap, cheap, cheap. Along with the food being cheap it is also great to share with a friend. That's why I love food so much. I am a single guy and all of my friends are married, so for me food is a great way to make new friends. Plus I love the company of women, not because I am trying to hook up, but because hey let's face it, my guy friends don't wanna have the same in depth conversations about life that my female friends do. So here is what I do...Usually I will invite a friend over for dinner. Yeah it's not as creepy as it sounds. Usually they will sit at my breakfast bar and I will be on the other side preparing the meal. So before I get ahead of myself let me list you the ingredients needed for a great time.

Ingredient number One.....

Wine




Of Course you must be 21 years old to start things off like this and always drink responsibly, but I can't think of anything better than pouring a glass of wine and sharing a few with a friend, plus since you will be cooking, and everyone knows that you can't cook without a glass of wine (AND THIS IS THE LAW, THE SUPREME COURT WILL  BACK ME UP ON THIS) it is a great starter to help relax and chat with one another. I don't start out with wine because I am a shameless lush, as I already said it is the Law and I am a person that respects the law......Don't judge me....

Ingredient number two

The Appetizer
This is so simple to make. All you do is get a croissant from the frozen section. You open it up and roll it out, then you smother it in olive oil, some garlic, basil, and then add some mozz cheese and pepperoni slices to it. Roll it up and put it on a cookie sheet and throw it in the oven at 325 and cook it for a few minutes. When it comes out you put some fresh parm cheese on it. This a great way to start off your meal with a friend, you got a glass of wine to sip on and a little something to munch on while you cook and chat. Plus it tastes like two angels hugging your taste buds and it will help pass the time while you finish dinner which will look like this....

Ingredient number three.....


Mushrooms, onions, and garlic sauteed in white wine


Ground Beef and Italian Sausage


The finished product

Ok so what you wanna do is dice your ingredients all up. Then heat the pan till it is supper hot. Splash some white wine in it and then throw in your garlic pieces, onions and mushrooms and let them simmer while your beef and sausage is cooking and also get your zitti noodles boiling. You will need a base sauce with this so I use roasted roma tomatos and make a sauce out of them, but for budgets sake just get a can of hunts traditional and throw a little sugar in it. Once everything is cooked it is time to mix. Throw your mushroom mix into your sauce and let it simmer then throw in your meat, the final ingredient is to lop a couple of tea spoons of Ricotta cheese in the sauce and stir it up. then mix in the noodles and continue to stir. Once all this is done, get a baking dish and throw it all in there, then cover it with provolone cheese and put it in the over at about 425 and cook till cheese it golden brown. Pull it out and top with some dice roma tomatoes and parsley and it is done. 

Altogether this will cost you somewhere around 13 dollars if you are a shrewd shopper...minus the wine ofcourse....

If you do all this right you will have a great time with a friend. All together this should give you and your friend or friends about two hours of just chatting and having fun together. You don't have to cook this, in fact it could be as simple as just cooking burgers because the most important ingredient to a good time is a friend to share this with......

Picture attribution
All personal pics from January 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment