Monday, April 27, 2015

College Writing Review Week 15

Pencil




I am an English major with a focus in the writing track not lit and cult so writing plays a huge part in my college experience. One of the things that I have learned over the past twelve semesters is that although there are rules to proper writing, there is not proper way to write. I think one of the things that I love most about writing is the freedom a person has to express their view points on subjects that they choose. One of the things that this class allowed me to do most is to experiment with different writing styles to help me develop my voice. It was not the storybook or the diary assignments that I enjoyed most, instead it was the storytelling and the famous last words assignments that allowed me to be the most creative. I would say that as a total my college experience has taught me to just write and express myself the way I feel like doing so.


Picture Attribution
By Dmgerman at en.wikipedia [CC BY 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], from Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment